- Two big matches have been announced for New Japan Pro Wrestling's 47th Anniversary show. After confronting him in the above video, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori will defend his title against Jushin Thunder Liger. The 54-year-old Liger will be looking for his twelfth run with the title. Another match announced involves Shingo Takagi and BUSHI defending the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Titles against the men that recently attacked them, SHO and YOH of Roppongi 3K.
Live on New Japan World, the anniversary show takes place inside the Ota City General Gymnasium in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, March 6th.
- It was previously announced that NJPW will have a retirement ceremony on February 21st for Takashi Iizuka inside Korakuen Hall. The company announced his final match will be a six-man tag team match, with him teaming up with Suzuki-Gun stablemates Minoru Suzuki and Taichi v. Toru Yano, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Kazuchika Okada. Tenzan and Iizuka were former partners before the latter turned on Tenzan.
The other matches for the event include:
* Will Ospreay and Hiroshi Tanahashi v. Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer
* Ryusuke Taguchi and Hirooki Goto v. TAKA Michinoku and Zack Sabre Jr.
* SHO and YOH v. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
* Shota Umino and Yuji Nagata v. YOSHI-HASHI and Tomohiro Ishii
* Tiger Mask, Toa Henare, Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe v. Yota Tsuji, Ren Narita, Manabu Nakanishi Satoshi Kojima
* Yuya Uemura and Jushin Thunder Liger v. Robbie Eagles and Taiji Ishimori
Iizuka debuted in New Japan in 1986 and has won the IWGP Tag Team Titles three different times along with winning the World Tag League in 2000.