Welcome to Wrestling Inc.'s live coverage of AEW Dynamite, beginning at 8 pm ET! Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media.
Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
- Jake Roberts hypes up Lance Archer, says when he walks into a place, he commands attention. Believes Archer is going to enjoy the tournament. Says Colt Cabana has skills, but not enough to beat the animal that is Archer.
- Chris Jericho returns to commentary with Tony Schiavone.
- Colt Cabana cuts a promo about beating the expectations of some individuals, realizes he can be a bit over the top in the match, but he know he can be a winner. Says Archer has been dominant overseas, but he has been doing the same thing for many, many years. Says he's gambling on himself, and gambling to become the TNT Champion.
Lance Archer vs. Colt Cabana (TNT Championship Tournament Match)
Archer makes his way around ringside and drops one of the wrestlers in the crowd. Archer in the ring and throws a big shot at Cabana. Colt recovers and gets in a few moves, but is taken right back down to the mat. Archer misses a kick, Cabana knocks him to the floor. Cabana looks to fly, but Archer moves away to gather himself. Back in the ring, Cabana gets a wristlock, goes for a splash in the corner, Archer catches him in midair and sends him down to the mat.
Archer misses a strike, Cabana with some chops that do nothing. Archer chokes Cabana with his foot in the corner. Slingshot splash by Archer, cover, two. Archer with a boot to the face. Cabana tries to build some momentum, but down he goes again. Archer leaps off the second rope, nobody home. Cabana with some elbow strikes, hurricanrana, flying elbow in the corner.
Cabana with a small splash, pin, two-count. Cabana with some punches, throws an elbow strike, but Archer with a pounce. Archer slams his opponent to the mat and hits black out for the victory. Archer will face the winner of Kip Sabian vs. Dustin Rhodes.
Winner: Lancer Archer via pinfall to advance in the tournament
- At the dentist office, Baker (with a brace over her nose from her Shida Match) talks about the rules of being a role model. "Always fight fair" as she refers to her fighting on despite Shida using "dirty tactics" that caused a deviated septum.
Britt Baker vs. Cassandra Golden
Baker with a big superkick and does some taunting. She then chokes Golden along the bottom rope. She puts her teeth around the bottom rope and then stomps her head down on it, cover, and this one is already over.
Winner: Britt Baker via Pinfall
- "The Bubbly Bunch" featuring the Inner Circle members hanging at their homes and talking to each other on the phone. Santana, Ortiz, and Santana rip on the Young Bucks. Jake Hager says he would destroy Kenny Omega and plans on beating the s--- out of Jon Moxley. Chris Jericho then makes fun of Hangman Page for not being around. Says the Inner Circle will be enjoying a little bit of the bubbly soon enough. Jericho then says he has to go and talk with his assistant, then yells at them about finding more toilet paper.
Suge D vs. Sammy Guevara
Back and forth action early on. Suge with a second rope arm drag. Suge does some dance and Guevara throws a big knee. Jericho putting Guevara over big time on commentary. Guevara with a kick and throws his opponent back into the ring. Delayed vertical suplex, cover, two-count.
Sammy kicks the bottom rope up against Suge's throat. Guevara gets him up on his shoulders and does a couple crunches. Guevara continues to maintain control of the match. Suge with the roll-up, two, Guevara with the instant clothesline. Guevara with a chop to the chest, goes for a splash in the corner, nobody there. Suge with some chops and kicks. Guevara with a running high knee. Lifts his opponent on his shoulders in an inverted torture rack position, flips him over and throws a big knee to the head, cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Sammy Guevara via Pinfall
- Post-match, Guevara gets on the mic. Says tonight was light work, and he could go another round. Guevara says how about we just spoil the first round of the TNT Championship Tournament, "How about Sammy Guevara beats the s--- out of Darby Allin?" Guevara then stomps away at Suge a bit more, but Allin runs out to the ring to chase him off.
Kip Sabian (with Penelope Ford) vs. Chuck Taylor (with Orange Cassidy)
Both able to get in wristlocks early on. Taylor with a single leg takedown into a single leg crab, but Sabian gets to the ropes for the break. Sabian lands a slingshot kick and then stomps away on Taylor. Taylor recovers, body slam, elbow drop, chop in the corner. Sabian with a knee strike, sending Taylor out to the floor, tries for a baseball slide, nope. Taylor then hits a release suplex, sending Sabian hard on the apron. Taylor then waves like a goof at the camera. Jericho can't believe what he's seeing.
Taylor tries for a moonsault in the ring, pool is empty. Sabian then hits a leap of his own, pin, two. Sabian lands a bunch of strikes, penalty kick, cover, two-count. Taylor ends up on the floor and Ford hits him a couple times when the referee was distracted. She throws him back in, cover, two.
Both end up on the second turnbuckle, Sabian knocked to the mat. Taylor with a moonsault, lands on his feet, sitout powerbomb on Sabian. Cassidy slaps the mats with very little force to get his buddy hyped up. Taylor looking for the falcon arrow. Sabian counters, but then takes a sitdown powerbomb for two. Sabian with double stomp, high knee, forearm, cover, two. Sabian with a slingshot suplex, cover, another two.
Ford then gets up on the apron to distract Taylor. Sabian goes in for a kiss. Cassidy then gets up on the apron and tries to distract Sabian. Jimmy Havoc comes over and pulls Cassidy off the apron, then spikes him on the ground. Referee is distracted, Ford with a hurricanrana off the top rope down on Taylor! Sabian with the cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Kip Sabian via Pinfall
- Look back to last week where Cody beat Shawn Spears to advance in the TNT Championship. Last night, Shawn Spears picks up a win against Billy Gunn.
Shawn Spears vs. Justin Law
Spears asks if his opponent is sure he wants to wrestle. Spears with a quick snapmare. Spears says he'll give the guy a fighting chance, and gives him a chance to take him down. law with a quick roll-up for two. Spears with back elbow, kick, big chops to the chest. Spears with a big lariat and hits a running C4 (death valley driver), cover, and it's over.
Winner: Shawn Spears via Pinfall
- Next week: We'll see Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara, and Kip Sabian vs. Dustin Rhodes (TNT Championship Tournament Matches). Also announced: Jimmy Havoc vs. Orange Cassidy, Brodie Lee in action, and Kenny Omega in scheduled to wrestle.
Jon Moxley (c) vs. Jake Hager (Empty Arena No Holds Barred AEW World Championship Match)
Jim Ross is handling commentary for this match. Bit of a feeling out period early on with both wrestlers, neither really going for a major move. Moxley going for Hager's arm while Hager looks to focus on Moxley's torso. Hager gets sent out to the floor and Moxley hits a big splash down on him. Moxley looking for a cross armbreaker.
.@JonMoxley with a high-risk move to the outside as he goes for another armbar attempt. #HAGERVMOX— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) April 16, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama 8e/7c #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT #WatchingAEW pic.twitter.com/vItLpzGRmU
Moxley throws Hager over the barricade. Jim Ross wonders why there is even a barricade if there isn't anyone here! Moxley wraps Hager's legs around a metal pole and locks in a figure-four. He yells for Hager to tap, but he won't do it. Hager finally swings away to free himself. Hager works his way back into the ring, dropping Moxley down on a barricade.
Hager sends him back to ringside, looks for a Hager bomb, nobody home, Moxley with a running knee. Hager with a bunch of big clotheslines in the corner, but Moxley returns fire with one of his own. Hager goes for a submission, but Moxley makes it to the ropes for a break. Hager with a couple punches that send Moxley out to the floor. Hager sticks a chair in the corner of the ring. Hager looks to drives Moxley into it, nope. Moxley throws Hager near the chair, charges in, Hager moves and Moxley crashes into the chair, cover, two.
Hager takes the chair and whacks Moxley's leg with it, then goes for an ankle lock. Moxley won't tap though, yells for Hager to break his leg, he's not tapping! Moxley gets near the ropes, but Hager yanks him back. Moxley with a reversal, sending Hager out of the ring. He runs back in and goes right into a submission. Hager gets wrist control for a moment, and they start throws big shots in the middle of the ring. Moxley runs in and Hager hits a lowblow. Moxley crawls over to the chair, and throws it at Hager's face, paradigm shift, cover, and gets the win!
Winner: Jon Moxley via pinfall to retain the AEW World Championship
- Post-match, Moxley celebrates a bit, then says to the camera, "You're not going to take it from me! This is my year! AEW is the best promotion in the world, and I am on top."